Will it be You to study abroad?
ALERT: For students traveling in spring and summer 2020, keep an eye on this page for travel alerts from the Office of International Affairs: //oia.osu.edu/travel-alerts
2. Should I wait until I am a junior or senior to study abroad? Newark-sponsored programs are appropriate for students of any rank and we encourage freshmen to apply. OSU’s Global May programs also are designed specifically to get first- and second-year students abroad early in their academic life. Many students who study abroad once go on to do another program later, so it’s a good idea to get started soon.
3. Does Newark have its own education abroad program? Each year the Newark campus sponsors several education abroad courses. Read more. Newark campus students may also apply to any education abroad program listed on the OIA site, so long as they can fulfill the requirements (for example, some classes may require taking a course beforehand in Columbus).
4. Will I earn course credit? All OSU-sponsored education abroad travel courses provide credit, and most fulfill the open-option GE. The educationabroad.osu.edu site also provides information on OSU-approved programs provided by third parties that can provide credit.
5. How much do programs cost?
6. Can I get help paying for the courses?