CANCELLED: COTC and Ohio State Newark to Host Family and Friends Day
Because the safety of the campus and our community is our highest priority, we have determined that effective immediately Family and Friends Day and all other events associated with Kids and Sibs Weekend scheduled for March 27 & 28 have been canceled.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We greatly appreciate everyone's patience as we work to ensure that we are following all guidance given by federal, state and local officials and medical professionals.
Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark will again hold the annual Family and Friends Day for both the campus and community as a whole. The event will be on Saturday, March 28, from noon – 2 p.m. in the Adena Hall Gymnasium, 1159 University Drive, Newark, OH 43055.
Activities that will delight those of all ages will include roller skating, putt-putt, inflatables, juggling, princesses, Columbus Zoo animals and more to entertain attendees.
The campus will also be hosting Kids and Sibs Weekend on Friday and Saturday, March 27 and 28. Students living in the residence halls will be able to host their younger siblings giving them a look at what life is like on campus. The weekend will kick off with a viewing of “Frozen 2” and will continue with other great events on Saturday including a pancake breakfast, “Fact or Fiction? The American History Game Show” with Michael Mangus, PhD, senior lecturer of history, and much more.
“These are free, family-friendly events to enjoy with your kid, a younger sibling or on your own,” said Justin Khol, assistant dean of students/assistant director of student life.
FREE COMMUNITY EVENTS:
• Movie Night: Frozen 2, 6:30 p.m., John Gilbert Reese Center-Alford Performing Arts Hall
• Pancake Breakfast: 8:30 – 10 a.m., Jane C. and William T. McConnell Hall-Jones Event Center
• Fact or Fiction? The American History Game Show with Michael Mangus, PhD, senior lecturer of history, 10–11:30 a.m., McConnell Hall-Jones Event Center
• Family and Friends Day: noon–2 p.m., Adena Gym
• Make Your Own Stuffed Animal: 2:30–4:30 p.m., McConnell Hall-Jones Event Center
• Family Feud: 6–8 p.m., McConnell Hall-Jones Event Center
For more information, contact Justin Khol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.